Pages

Tuesday 17 March 2009

A word with the Waggarians

Tonight is the biggest gig of my media slut career so far. I am to be guest of Bedak's Riverine Club’s 'lusty and savage affection'. This is a kind of a literary lunch affair without the frequent flyer points. The author (me) stays put in very own living room and is called up between main course and desert to field questions from the club members. This involves a speaker phone, much garlic, even more champaign, and possibly heavy breathing. The tricky part will be timing my own alcohol intake to be in synch with the punters in Wagga Wagga.

I just know one of these clowns, in a breathy sultry voice, is going to ask what I'm wearing. 

Heheheh.

8 comments:

  1. OH yes, this has ALL the ingredients for a very memorable event, don't take NO SHIT from them cattle Barons, they're just into over grazing and mad cow is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Heavy breathing over the phone. Can I join in?

    I'm sure you will enchant them with your best telephone voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you tell him it's gumboots and little else in that damn hot and sexy voice of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All brilliant one liners gratefully accepted. There is one more hour to go, and I have only JUST opened the red. Better get back to it while Bedak's chicken parikash is bubbling on the stove. That's what the Waggarians will be dining on. I thought it a good idea to inflame my insides to the same extent as his punters, so we are only separated by space and time. Bloody daylight saving. 6pm is not a civilised hour to be on the fang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I trust there was no need for Mylanta. Disappointed in your sluggishness with the red, I just hope you made up for being tardy!
    BTW, your book may be travelling to Scotland with my chook-rearing cousin. She'll want to teach Scottish chooks how its done in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little late on the good luck wishes - you should be eight minutes and three rums into it by now. Hope it goes well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do they at least send you a steak in the post?

    ReplyDelete
  8. NO, but i did get the recipe for Bedak's Chicken Paprikash, and very delicious it was too.

    ReplyDelete